The 2018 Commuter challenge has ended! Click here for a full page of results and prize winners.
There are lots of ways to win great prizes while you participate in the Commuter Challenge!
How to win prizes
Full details about prize categories can be found below.
To summarize, these are the three main ways to win this year:
- Log your green KMs online at www.commuterchallenge.ca
- Post pictures to social media using the hashtag #CommuterChallengeMB
- Create an account and use the new ride matching app GoManitoba
- & there are even more ways to win below. Check it out!
Visit our main page to get registered and remember to log your eco-KMs to be eligible to win these great prizes.
Anyone who logs their green commutes during Commuter Challenge is eligible to win!
(prizes listed with * are available to participants outside of Winnipeg)
- FREE Bus Pass for a Year with Winnipeg Transit! (1000$ value)
- FREE Doughnuts for a Year from Oh Doughnuts! (1 doz/mo for 1year, 360$ value)
- TWO Full Weekend Passes to the Winnipeg Folk Festival July 5-8, 2018 (500$ Value)*
- TWO Folklorama VISAs to tour the world here in Winnipeg ($550 value)
- Commuter Bicycle Made with love and skills from The WRENCH Community Bike Shop ($225 Value)
Winners selected for some of these smaller prizes throughout the week-long event, and after all of the KMs are tallied. The last day to enter KMs after the challenge is June 15th.
- Natural beauty products and gifts from Tiber River Naturals ($100 value)
- 1 year Family Membership to FortWhyte Alive, with tons of extra FWA treats ($150 value)
- 1 year casual membership with Peg City Car Co-op and $500 off a Clipper Ultralight Canoe from Winnipeg Canoe Rentals
- 6 VIP passes to the 2018 Fringe Festival ($72 Value)
- 90 minute float session from FLOAT.calm ($70 value)
- Gardener’s Prize Package valued over $120 from Shelmerdine Garden Centre and delicious local honey from Beeproject Apiaries
- Gift package from the Forks, including a $25 gift card for any vendor, a t-shirt and a water bottle
- 2 tickets to a concert at the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (up to a $220 value)
- Archery lessons from Heartland Archery and 5-class pass to Yoga North ($160 value)
- 4 packages: RBC Convention Centre swag, a pair of fun cycling socks, front and rear bike lights and a bike bell ($45 value each)
Cycling Superstar Prize
If you ride your bike during Commuter Challenge you will be eligible for these three prize packages.
Be sure to log your cycling KMs throughout the week to win at CommuterChallenge.ca
- Prize #1: Pannier and swag from Natural Cycleworks ($250 value)
- Prize #2: Pannier and swag from Natural Cycleworks ($250 value)
- Prize #3: Two 60-minute floats from JellyFish Float Spa ($140 value)
- Prize #4: Bike lights, sunglasses, bike bell and hand-painted Urge Helmet + $25 McNally Robinson gift card ($75 value)
GoManitoba Carpool Prizes (Four Winners!)*
All you need to do to be eligible for these additional GoManitoba prizes is to:
- Make a User Profile on www.GoManitoba.ca
(if you are already signed up, step 1 is complete)
- Register your route by logging a ‘Trip Profile’
- Message a match! (Additional entry for each message sent)
Want to learn more? See our blog on this special carpool contest!
There are FOUR GoManitoba Prizes up for grabs:
- 2 x $50 Music Gift Cards (iTunes, Spotify, GooglePlay, etc. Winners Choice!)*
- 2 x $20 Gift Cards to McNally Robinson Bookseller*
Social Media Mogul
Post your #commuterchallengemb photos on social media throughout the week to be entered to win. Every time you post, an entry with your name will be added to our random prize draw. Be sure to make your post public so we can see them! Tag @Greenactionctr for added exposure
- Prize Package ($260 value)*
- 2 Passes to the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s Summer with the Impressionists
- One night’s stay at the Fairmont Winnipeg
- Prize Package ($260 value)*
Get Out There!
Commuter Challenge is about getting from A to B in the most sustainable way possible. Show us pictures of your fave paths, bike trails or carpool routes that you take AFTER the work commute is over, or that you take for fun using the #CommuterChallengeMB hashtag.
- Do you walk to after-work drinks? Bike to date night? Enjoy a leisurely bus ride to visit your pals? Be sure to make your post public so we can see them! Tag @Greenactionctr for added exposure.
- Every time you share the fun outside of your daily grind with us on social media you will get entered to win two tickets to the Prairie Theatre Exchange, and $25 gift certificate to Clementine Cafe (total value of $130)
Recruit a new workplace!
- For every new workplace you recruit, both you and the new coordinator will be entered to win a 2-month Compost Winnipeg workplace pick-up service! Check out our Coordinators Corner for more details, recruitment form & a letter template to help you get the word out to new workplaces. ($160 Value!!) plus a chance to win one of two McNally Robinson gift cards!
- Additionally, the first FIVE new workplaces who sign up or recruit a new workplace through this referral process will be offered a complimentary workshop with Green Action Centre (a 150$ value!).
can’t access the website
Super pumped about all these prizes!! Thanks for the opportunity to earn prizes for something I’d be doing anyway. Learning how much fuel and co2 I saved on during the course of a week was pretty cool to! I’ll definitely be participating in the bike challenge coming up!
To lessen our environmental footprint we moved from a home outside the city to the Exchange. We can walk to work and to the majority of social events we attend. We also went from vegetarian to vegan. Loving it all!!
Very impressed with all your prizes!
With It was a real pleasure to ride in to work. I actually saved 10 minutes one day due to all the traffic jams (construction etc)!