Waste Reduction Week Manitoba
October 18-24, 2021
What is Waste Reduction Week?
Green Action Centre is excited to present Waste Reduction Week in a Manitoba context. Throughout the week we will be highlighting the impacts waste has in our world, celebrating those who are working hard to reduce their waste, and providing practical solutions to help Manitobans reduce their waste.
Follow along on social media and our blog for resources and tips about reducing e-waste, textile waste, plastic waste, and food waste.
- Register for our Composting & Food Waste Webinar Series – recordings available on our Facebook Page!
- Subscribe to our Living Green, Living Well Newsletter to be entered to win a Waste Reduction Prize Pack!
- Learn about Circular Economy Day
- Check out our Second Hand Store Directory across Manitoba!
- Take our Food Waste Quiz!
Please note: This calculator is powered by Thred Up, an online consignment store owned by Wal-Mart. We strong encourage people to choose local consignment/thrift options rather than purchasing clothes through Thred Up.
Did you know that over 1/2 of all food produced in Canada is waste? In Manitoba a large portion of this food waste ends up in the landfill where it produces methane, a GHG much more potent than CO2.