Join Green Action Centre’s composting experts to learn about how to compost with our
Backyard Composting 101 Workshops!
- Wednesday, July 27th, 5-6:30 pm
West Broadway Community Organization’s Good Food Garden
185 Young Street, Winnipeg
- Thursday, July 28th, 7-8:30 pm
West Interlake Watershed District
St. Laurent Parish Hall, St. Laurent, Manitoba
Did you know that adding organics to the landfill produces methane, a greenhouse gas 25x more powerful than carbon dioxide?
By composting, you can produce rich garden fertilizer for free at home, and help save the planet to boot! Composting is an easy-to-learn activity that kids can take part in!
The following topics will be covered:
- what is composting?
- why composting is important
- compost bin selection and where to place your bins
- what you can and cannot put in your compost bin
- how to maintain your bins (layering greens and browns, turning/aerating the pile, moisture content)
- composting in winter
- common problems and solutions
- when is the compost finished and ready to harvest?
- how to use your finished compost