THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
The results are in for the 2023 Commuter Challenge! We received one perfect week of weather (before the smoke came!) Manitobans came outside in the hot, wonderful summer weather, to get active and make a positive impact!
In Manitoba, The 2023 Commuter Challenge saw:
- 3304 individuals register on 334 teams
- 316,030 kilometres of active or sustainable trips were completed,
- And these activities avoided 61,234 Kg of Co2 from going into the atmosphere!
Check out the results page for yourself for more details and to see how your team stacked up against the rest.
Please fill out our Commuter Challenge 2023 Participant survey to help us improve the event in future years!
See below for prize winners!
All winners have been contacted directly via their registered email, please also check your junk/spam folders.
City Award Categories are determined by population. Cities can win by achieving the highest % of participation in their population size category. See full City Results here.
500,000 and up Population Category
Gold: Winnipeg with 0.40486%
Silver: Kingston with 0.21192%
Bronze: London with 0.01471%
25,000 – 50,000 Population Category
Gold: Brandon with 0.02822%
10,000 – 25,000 Population Category
Gold: Thompson with 0.04011%
5,000 – 10,000 Population Category
Gold: Selkirk with 0.0518%
Silver: Flin Flon with 0.03332%
Bronze: Morden with 0.01564%
0 – 5,000 Population Category
Gold: Niverville with 0.05%
Silver: Beausejour with 0.03465%
Bronze: Stonewall with 0.02394%
Workplace Award Categories are determined by the total number of employees. Workplaces win by achieving the highest % of participation in their size category. See full workplace results here.
Some of our leading workplaces:
Bike Week Winnipeg – 100%!
Canadian Council of Ministers for the Enviornment – 100%!
Chambers Fraser CPA – 100%!
Opportunities for Employment – 96.72%!
Epp Siepman Engineering – 96.3%!
Emerge Knowledge and Design – 93.1%!
Efficiency Manitoba – 77.33% w/ 75+ employees!
Assiniboine Credit Union – 50% w/ 500+ employees!
Manitoba Hydro -23.98% w/ 3000+ employees!
Grand Prize Winners:
Grand Prize: Two Any-Day passes to Winnipeg Folk Festival 2023
… goes to Tyler from Efficiency Manitoba!
Grand Prize: Two night stay at Wild Skies Resort
… goes to Ivory from Specialized Services for Children and Youth!
Grand Prize: FREE Bus Pass for a Year with Winnipeg Transit
…goes to Matt from Transport Canada!
Workplace Prize Winner: HTFC Planning & Design!
HTFC Planning & Design has won:
- $100 gift card to Verde Plant Design
- Complimentary Sustainable Transportation Presentation or Bike Blender Rental from Green Action Centre
- 20 Any-Day Passes to WAG-Qaumajuq
- 6 Day Lift-Passes to Falcon Ridge Ski Slopes
- $50 Gift Card to Dug & Betty’s
Individual Prize Winner: Jonathon from Winnipeg!
Jonathon has won:
- 10 passes, each for two to Folklorama 2023
- $50 Gift Card to Jardin Saint Leon
- $75 Gift Card to Clementine Cafe
- $25 Gift Card to Chaeban Iced Cream
- $25 Gift Card to Cafe Postal
Team Prize Winner: Team Rylan!
Team Rylan has won:
- Passes to Vertical Adventures
- $25 Gift Card to Little Viet
- $50 Gift Card to Black Market Provisions
- $25 Gift Card to Nucci’s Gelati
- $30 Gift Card to Malhi Punjab Sweet House
- $25$ Gift Card to La Belle Baguette
Telecommuting Prize Winner: Crystal from Shared Health!
Crystal has won:
- $50 Gift card to Seduta Art
- $25 Gift card to Pennyloaf Bakery
- $25 Gift Card to The Cheesemongers
- $50 Gift Card to Verde Plant Design
- $25 Gift Card to Organic Planet Worker Coop
- Movie Passes & Snack Combo for Cinematheque
Walking Warrior Prize Winner: Lessa from the Government of Manitoba!
Leesa has won:
- A pass for 4 people to FortWhyte Alive
- $25 Gift Card to Little Sister Coffee Maker
- $25 Gift Card to Humbolts Legacy
- $50 Gift Card to Pollock’s Hardware
- $30 Gift Card to Yafa Cafe
- $25 Gift Card to Hildegard’s Bakery
Cycling Superstar Prize Winner: Jens from the University of Winnipeg!
Jens has won:
- $50 Gift card and a tune up voucher from Natural Cycleworks
- $20 Gift Card to High Tea Bakery
- $25 Gift Card to Fête Iced Cream
- 3 Any-Day Passes to Wag-Qaumajuq
- $50 Gift Card to Dino’s Grocery
- $25 Gift Card to Make Coffee & Stuff
Transit Trooper Prize Winner: Sean from Manitoba Hydro in Winnipeg!
Sean has won:
- $30 Gift card to Bison Books
- 2 Any-Day Passes to WAG-Qaumajuq
- $25 Gift Card to Riley Grae
- $50 Gift Card to The Common
- $25 Gift Card to KHAB Tapioca
- $25 Gift Card to Parlour Coffee
GoManitoba Prize Winners: Kira from City of Winnipeg; Rod, Gaston & Barry from Magellan Aerospace; Vien from RRC Polytechnic; Paul & Louise (individual)
Kira has won a $100 Gift Card to Mountain Equipment Company
Rodney has won a $100 Gift Card to Jardin St. Leon’s Market
Barry has won a $50 Gift Card to McNally Robinson
Louise has won a $50 Gift Card to Boston Pizza
Vien has won a Summer Reading Package from Great Plains Publishing
Paul has won two tickets to Shakespeare in the Ruins: As You Like it
Gaston has won two tickets to Shakespeare In The Ruins: The Dark Lady
Bonus Manitoba-Wide Prize Winners: Donovan from Vale in Thompson; Rebecca from Government of Manitoba in Brandon; Sean from Manitoba Hydro in Brandon
- Donovan, Rebecca and Sean have won a $25 gift card to a business of their choosing!
Participation Prize Winners: Jessica from Opportunities for Employment; Annie from Red River College Polytechnic; Akimi from InTouchCX
- Jessica, Annie and Akimi have won a $25 gift card to a business of their choosing!
THANKS EVERYBODY! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR 🙂
Countdown to Commuter Challenge!