On the heals of another successful bin sale many people are asking where they can get those necessary “browns” for their compost. The City of Winnipeg is still running their “Leaf It With Us” program until May 23rd. We’re sure that no one will mind if you drop by and pick up a few bags of leaves for your compost.
The following locations are open from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm daily:
- Winnipeg Soccer Complex: 900 Waverley Street (northwest parking lot)
- Kildonan Park: 2021 Main Street (Rainbow Stage parking lot)
- Charleswood: 2325 Grant Avenue, west of Shaftesbury Blvd., next to Ambulance Station #32
- King’s Park: King’s Drive and Kilkenny Drive (parking lot)
- St. Vital Park: 190 River Road (south parking lot)
- Transcona: Ravelston Avenue at Chrislind Street
- Terry Sawchuk Arena: 901 Kimberly Avenue, (parking lot)
- Kilcona Park: McIvor Avenue at Lagimodiere Boulevard (parking lot)
Remember the leaves are not the only “browns” that you can use. You can also use straw, dry hay, sawdust, dried grass clippings, shredded paper, napkins and tissue. Stay away from glossy magazine paper as these often use chemical based inks.