For some workplaces, meetings are a way of life. Plus there are major conferences and annual general meetings. These meetings can involve a lot of travel and produce tonnes of paper waste. While it is is not possible to entirely avoid using energy or resources, here are some quick ideas on how to lesson the impact on the environment.
- Avoid travel by using teleconference and video conference technology where possible.
- Distribute information electronically.
- If printing materials, print on both sides with vegetable-based inks. Keep document size as small as practicable.
- Have recycling at the meeting.
- Source snacks and meals locally and organically where possible.
- Provide jugs of water rather than individual bottled water.
- Check out the sustainability practices of a hotel or conference centre in advance.