End: June 18, 2016 12:00 am
Venue: MPI Main Street Service Centre
1284 Main Street
Manitoba Public Insurance is looking for ‘cycling champions’ – individuals to educate Manitobans about cycling safety.
You can be a cycling champion by delivering a safety presentation in your school, workplace or community.
To assist you, we have developed a ready-made presentation kit that contains a facilitator’s guide with speaking notes and PowerPoint presentations geared towards both children and adults. All the materials required to deliver a cycling presentation are provided at no charge.
To increase your knowledge and confidence, you can attend a free, full-day workshop led by a CAN-BIKE qualified instructor. You will spend four hours in the classroom and four hours gaining hands-on riding experience.
During the session, you will learn:
- The proper size and fit of bike.
- Use of safety equipment such as helmets.
- Skills to recognize and avoid road hazards and dangerous situations.
- Strategies on how to safely ride in traffic.
- Safe use of bike lanes and other cycling infrastructure.
Workshops are available from early spring (April – May), through the summer and into the late fall (September – October), weather permitting. Workshop times typically run from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you’d like, you can review the workshop agenda prior to registering.
Cycling Champion workshop dates:
- Friday, May 27, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Pembina Highway Service Centre, 420 Pembina Highway
- Saturday, June 18, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Main Street Service Centre, 1284 Main Street
Custom dates and times can also be scheduled for groups of six or more potential champions.
For more information or to register for a workshop, send us an email or phone 204-985-8737 or 1-866-767-7640 (toll-free outside Winnipeg).
View All Upcoming Events