Are you unable to compost at home and looking for a place to take your compostable materials? There are numerous sites in and around downtown Winnipeg coordinated by the Spence Neighbourhood Association, West Broadway Development Corporation, and St. Matthew’s Maryland Community Ministry.
All community gardens have compost bins that are accessible to community members year round.
- Ashley Hudson Memorial Garden – 607-611 Langside St
- Sheba’s Paradise – 483-485 Young Street
- The International Garden – 446 Langside Street
- Public Compost Bins – 559 Langside Street
- The Kids Garden – 435-437 Furby St
- Public Compost Bins – 547 Furby Street
- Sunshine Gardens – 637/639 Maryland
- Green House 689 Maryland St.
- McGee St. Garden – 448 McGee St.
- Jacob Penner Park Community Garden
- Spirit Park – 200 Young Street
- Rock and Horse Park – 152 Langside Street
- Klinic Permaculture Site – 545 Broadway Avenue
- Hintsa House – 128/130 Langside Street
- Broadway Neighbourhood Centre/Good Food Garden – 185 Young Street
- Kid’s Garden – 659 Westminister Avenue
- Public Compost Bins – 448 McGee Street
- Public Community Compost Bins – Glenwood Community Centre, 27 Overton Street
Know of a compost site that welcomes community members to drop their fruit & vegetable scraps and/or garden waste? Let us know in the comments and we’ll add it to our list! Help us keep this resource current!
Want to volunteer with composting? Reach out to any of the organizations above to see what you can do to help maintain and monitor the bins.