Position Description: Green Action Centre seeks an independent and energetic individual who is a proficient driver to assist the weekly operations of our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg.
Background: Green Action Centre is non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. We recently launched the social enterprise Compost Winnipeg, a fee for service operation that offers compost collection services to offices, food vendors and households in Winnipeg.
Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Green Action Centre staff, the Compost Courier has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Pick-up, weighing and tracking of organic waste from Compost Winnipeg customers;
- General customer service;
- Cleaning and maintenance of compost collection bins as required;
- Transportation of organic waste to composting facilities;
- Promotion of Compost Winnipeg services to potential customers;
- Regular communication and logistics planning with the Compost Winnipeg project manager; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
- Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work well with others and independently;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Competent driver with clean driving record;
- Ability to consistently and safely lift 25 kilograms;
- Available to work Friday – Monday 5:30AM – 12:30PM;
- Knowledge of composting or willingness to learn.
Date: Starts Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Training will occur prior to this date.