Thinking about Becoming a Member of Green Action Centre?
Here’s All You Need to Know!
Green Action Centre is your voice for advocating and educating about important environmental issues in Manitoba. We are a non-profit, non-governmental, registered charity that provides education and practical solutions for sustainable living.
Since 1985 Manitobans have looked to us for information on waste reduction, sustainable transportation, and resource conservation. We provide realistic and effective ways to live green at work, home, school, and in the community.
We are your green living hub!
Members pay an annual fee of $20 and complete a membership form that declares support of our mission and our principles.
Add your voice so we can have an even stronger impact!
As a member of Green Action Centre you’ll have access to all of these benefits and more:
- Vote in our Annual General Meeting
- Add your voice to others speaking out for a greener future and expand your knowledge, eco-impact, and your networks
- Schedule a 30 minute 1:1 session with a GAC expert. You choose the topic: waste reduction, green living, or sustainable transportation!
- Annual members-only workshop, presentation, or special event focused on current local or provincial environmental topics, climate policy or advocacy issues
- Free access or discounts to many of our other events including…. (some examples)
- Receive our monthly Living Green e-newsletter and stay up to date on our work, upcoming events, green lifestyle tips, and newsy environmental updates
- Access to many of our resources (more specific, or remove altogether. ex. Our compost book lending library? Other?)
- The great feeling knowing you’ve supported the work we do
- How membership benefits Green Action Centre and helping to highlight in what ways membership benefits us. Highlighting to funders how our community supports us? Highlighting to governments the amount of support lent to our policies by dint of membership
As Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”.