End: December 1, 2020 11:59 pm
Venue: World-Wide Event
Accessibility: For questions about accessibility and accommodations, please call us at 204-925-3777 or email us
On Tuesday, December 1st, we are encouraging Manitobans to think about ways in which they can give to the environment.
Some actions for you to consider on Giving Tuesday to Give to the Environment:
- Donate to Green Action Centre
- Click here to make a year-end charitable donation
- All donations over $10 are eligible for a charitable tax receipt
- Become a member of Green Action Centre ($20)
- Members receive voting privileges at our AGM and discounts at our events
- Find ways to reduce your waste
- Wondering where to start? We’ve written 150+ blog posts about waste reduction. Click here to learn more.
- Choose sustainable commuting options
- This includes walking, biking, bussing, carpooling, and more. Wondering how to get started? Check out GoManitoba.
- Share important posts and messages from causes you care about
- Educate your friends and family about why caring for the environment is important
- Give your gently-used items
- The Green Action Centre and Four Arrows Regional Health Authority Inc. have teamed up to do a winter clothing drive for the Island Lake Anishinew Nation. Click here for more information.
- If you would like to contribute to this community-led effort, you may drop off any gently used winter clothing at 264 Langside Street by December 10th.
This Giving Tuesday, Green Action Centre is raising money in support of initiatives like our Jack Frost Challenge! In times where staying home is required to stay safe, spending time outdoors and staying active is more important than ever! The Jack Frost Challenge encourages Manitobans to participate in healthy and sustainable activities while appreciating the Winter weather! On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, help us reach our goal of raising $2000 to support Manitobans living green, and living well this winter!
Click here for more about Giving Tuesday
View All Upcoming Events