Green Action Centre is seeking a dynamic, flexible and well-organized individual to fill a position in our Environmental Speakers Bureau (ESB). The presenter will deliver classroom presentations on recycling, in both French and English. The presentations are both educational and entertaining, and full training is provided. The presenter will also translate educational materials into French, and will respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries as needed. This person will work co-operatively with the ESB Co-ordinator. A bus pass will be provided.
Principal activities include:
- delivering recycling presentations to a wide variety of students from Nursery to Grade 12, in both official languages
- translating, and assisting in the preparation of educational materials for students and teachers
- handling inquiries and booking presentations via e-mail and telephone
- assisting in keeping Green Action’s ESB website pages current
- maintaining records and assisting in the preparation of reports.
Green Action Centre staff must be self-motivated, reliable and able to work both collaboratively and independently. Key qualifications for this position include:
- teaching experience and/or training
- fluently bilingual in English and French, oral and written
- comfortable speaking with students and teachers
- professional, with an understanding of school protocol
- dynamic, dramatic, flexible (willing to be a little bit silly helps too)
- available to work during regular school hours
- interested in the environment and sustainability.
TERM CONTRACT POSITION
October 12, 2010 – June 30, 2011 (with some flexibility as to start date)
$15 – $16 per hour, 15 hours per week
Resume and cover letter must be received by 4 p.m., CDT, Friday, October 1, 2010. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please indicate ESB Presenter in subject line and headings. Applications will be accepted by mail or e-mail. Please apply to:ESB Hiring Committee Green Action Centre 303 Portage Avenue, 3rd Floor Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2B4
We recommend confirming receipt of your application.