Dear Friends and Supporters,
In times of need it is important to be able to ask for help. We are asking for your help by way of a financial donation today.
Green Action Centre’s provincial funding was recently cut, over seven months into our fiscal year. We have lost over $100,000 in anticipated funding for our programs and climate change initiatives, resulting in reduced staff hours, layoffs, and a reduction in the support we can provide to schools, workplaces and in the community. These cuts come at a time when there is a growing awareness of the climate crisis and the need for faster, bolder climate action; and when environmental group like ours, working directly with others to create tangible results, need resources to do even more.
Will you please make a charitable tax-deductible donation today to help us weather this storm and continue our important climate work? Green Action Centre has always taken a hopeful, positive approach to encourage Manitobans to live more sustainably, but we need your support now more than ever to help Manitobans avoid a climate crisis by making a fundamental shift in how they live, work and play.
Our goal is to get 2.5% of our supporters to commit to $18,000 in donations in December to support our sustainable transportation and waste reduction programming. We can do this by bringing on 100 new monthly donors who commit $15 per month through 2020. That’s less than 50 cents per day!
Or make a one-time donation today to help us maintain our important role as Manitoba’s Green Living Hub:
- $25 donation covers one month of compost pickup for a family in Winnipeg, reducing carbon emissions and methane from food waste that would otherwise go to the landfill.
- $50 donation provides 10 sets of re-usable bamboo cutlery to individuals who use disposable plastic but are ready to embrace a more sustainable option.
- $150 donation enables a school presentation to a classroom of 24 students, empowering youth to address environmental issues by making simple and effective changes in their everyday lives.
- $1,000 donation provides an annual workplace subscription to our GoManitoba Rideshare program, which gets Manitobans choosing more sustainable commuting options like carpooling to reduce their GHG emissions.
- $3,000 donation provides on-site composting education and set up for tenants in one apartment or condo building to successfully compost their own food scraps.
Together, with your donation, we can make a difference. Learn more about the tremendous work we do by exploring our website and reading our latest annual impact report from the 2018-2019 year.
On behalf of our board and all of our staff, thank you for everything you do to create a strong, sustainable future for all Manitobans.
Tracy Hucul, Executive Director