Green Action Centre is hiring again! This time with our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg. Are you passionate about lowering GHG emissions in Winnipeg? Then this just may be the job for you. Read on for full job description and application details.
Position Description: Green Action Centre seeks a customer care orientated, independent, problem solver with compost experience to assist our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg.
Background: Green Action Centre is non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. In 2016, we launched the social enterprise Compost Winnipeg, a fee for service operation that offers compost collection services to offices, food vendors and households in Winnipeg. Our operation has grown quickly and we are currently adopting administrative systems to help manage growth while planning a medium-scale compost site.
Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Green Action Centre staff, the Systems Coordinator has the following duties and responsibilities:
- General customer service and promotion of Compost Winnipeg services to potential customers;
- Co-ordination of our cloud-based customer tracking system;
- Assistance with planning and grant writing for our future compost site;
- Communications related support (website updates, social media, e-mails);
- Support and systems training for Compost Couriers (co-workers responsible for picking-up, weighing and tracking of organic waste from Compost Winnipeg customers);
- Cleaning and maintenance of shop space as required;
- Regular communication and logistics planning with the Compost Winnipeg project manager; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
- Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work well with others and independently;
- Knowledge of cloud-based Google programs or willingness to learn;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Competent driver with clean driving record;
- Ability to consistently and safely lift 25 kilograms;
- Available to work Tuesday – Saturday 8:00AM – 3:30PM
(Other shift times, such as 5:30AM – 1:30PM and 7:00AM – 2:00PM may be required);
- Knowledge of commercial composting;
- Position is subsidized by the United Nations Association Canada’s green employment initiative; applicants must be aged 18 – 30 to qualify.
Date: Starts Tuesday, April 24th, 2018. Training may occur prior to this date.
Term: This is a full-time, 6-month term with the possibility of continued work.
Remuneration: Starts at $16.00 per hour (35 hours per week).
Additional Information: This position reports to the Compost Winnipeg Project Manager. A criminal record check and driver abstract (record) will be required.
Deadline: Resume and cover letter must be received by 4:00 PM CDT, Wednesday April 4, 2018.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Kelly Kuryk via email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Click here for a printable version of this job (though we do encourage you to reduce your paper use):