The Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub (WRENCH) is currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to assist with programming and day to day operations of The WRENCH. The term of the position is March 1, 2013 – January 1, 2014 with the possibility of renewal. The position is 28 hrs/week @ $17/hr.
The WRENCH envisions a city where everyone is empowered to enjoy bicycles. They work to create stronger, healthier communities by removing barriers to building, repairing and maintaining bicycles with a focus on educating youth.
- Volunteer management and communications.
- Conduct outreach with schools, youth groups, community organizations and cycling groups.
- Deliver programming as needed Update website Develop educational resource materials
- Prepare project reports and attend monthly board meetings
- Administrative and office management duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have at:
- Experience coordinating volunteers and leading workshops
- Background in bike repair and familiarity with community bike shops
- be self-direct and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict management skills.
- Experience working with non-profit/community organizations and boards
- Awareness and sensitivity to issues of marginalization (sexism, racism, classism) and cultural diversity
- Experience working with Aboriginal and newcomer communities
- Experience working with youth and knowledge of community based youth serving organizations
- Experience building consensus within and between organizations
Application deadline: Monday, February 11th, 2013
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to The WRENCH Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org