Compost Winnipeg seeks a Compost Courier to collect organic waste on scheduled routes.
DATE POSTED: February 23rd, 2022
TITLE: Compost Courier
HOURS: This position is a full-time, 35-40 hours per week, one-year term with the possibility of
STARTING WAGE: $16 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 4th, 2022 at 4:30PM.
Compost Winnipeg seeks an independent and responsible individual, to work as a compost
collection courier in a growing social enterprise.
Position Description: This position will be responsible for safely and efficiently collecting organic
waste on scheduled collection routes while collecting high quality waste diversion data. They will
also be responsible for delivering organics to the composting site and for daily maintenance tasks.
Background: Officially launched in 2016, Compost Winnipeg is an environmentally driven social
enterprise with a mission to manage waste responsibly and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in
Winnipeg by providing fee-for-service organic collections to Winnipeg residents and businesses,
thus diverting organic material from the landfill. An estimated 40% of residential and 30% of
commercial waste in the landfills is organic, which creates methane, a potent GHG that contributes
to climate change. Profits generated by Compost Winnipeg support Green Action Centre’s
environmental programs and activities.
Visit our new website for more information! compostwinnipeg.ca
Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Compost Winnipeg staff, the Collection and
Maintenance Worker has the following duties and responsibilities:
● Safely and efficiently operate a collection truck on scheduled routes
● Pick-up, weigh and track organic waste as it is collected
● Clean and maintain compost collection bins as required
● Actively participate in our efforts to maintain a safe and positive work environment
● Regularly communicate and participate in logistics planning with the Compost Winnipeg staff
● Conduct daily inspections and maintenance of collection trucks
Key Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications
● Class 5 drivers license;
● A safe driving record, with a drivers abstract demonstrating little to no infractions
303 Portage Ave, 3 rd Floor email@example.com
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2B4 compostwinnipeg.ca
● Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined;
● Good communication and customer service skills;
● Able to work well with others and independently;
● Ability to consistently and safely lift 25 kilograms
● Available for weekend shifts and stat holidays;
● Knowledge of composting or willingness to learn.
● Commercial driving experience and/or training
● Class 4 or higher driver's license and/or air brake endorsement
● Vehicle maintenance experience, or any other trades experience
● Welding training
Diversity and Inclusion
Compost Winnipeg is committed to being an inclusive employer and is working to better reflect and
represent the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage members from the following
communities to apply and self-declare in your application:
● Indigenous, Black, People of Colour
● Immigrant or refugee
● People with disabilities
Being a member of an equity group is among our hiring selection criteria. Your declaration of
membership in any of these groups will remain confidential.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Application: Compost Courier” in the subject line by March 4th, 2022 at 4:30PM.