Waste Reduction Week is your chance to take stock of your environmental footprint, and consider what you are doing to conserve resources, reduce waste and promote environmental education. Companies, municipalities, organizations and individuals can all take part. Tell us what steps you are already taking to improve the environment by signing up online.
Media tool: download a Press Release template to declare Waste Reduction Week in your organization.
Here are some easy things you can do to participate:
- Attend a backyard composting workshop
- Install a bike rack
- Start a bus pass program for your employees (if you have subsidized parking, reduced bus passes could save you money)
- Start a cell phone collection drive
- Conduct an energy audit to find out where you can save money and energy
- Schedule a workshop or bring in an environmental speaker
- Set up workplace composting
- Don’t forget, sign up online to let us know what actions you are taking.
Waste Reduction Week (WRW) in Canada is intended to raise public consciousness about waste and its environmental and social ramifications.
Our ultimate goal is to educate, engage and empower Canadians to reduce waste through provision of access to relevant information, opportunities and options.
WRW in Canada is coordinated by a coalition of 13 recycling councils and sister organizations from across Canada. Collaborating on a national level, this partnership promotes waste reduction on provincial/territorial and local levels.