Do you have a passion for the environment? Do you love working with awesome, energetic coworkers? Green Action Centre is the place for you!
Green Action Centre is now recruiting for an Office Coordinator. The Office Coordinator is a self-directed, energetic, personable, and well organized individual who ensures the office runs smoothly. They work closely with all staff, handle a wide variety of tasks, and are the primary point of contact for members and the general public. For more information, read the full Job Advertisment below, and as always, feel free to share with your networks.
Green Action Centre seeks Office Coordinator for our Green Living Hub!
Term: This is a one-year term, at 35 hours per week, with a flexible work schedule and the possibility of renewal.
Position Description: We are seeking a self directed, energetic and well-organized individual to fill the position as office coordinator with Green Action Centre. The coordinator ensures the office runs smoothly by performing a wide variety of administrative and planning tasks, assisting the Executive Director with day-to-day activities, and acting as the primary point of contact for members and the general public.
Background: Green Action Centre is an environmental, non-profit organization based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We are a registered charity, governed by an elected board of directors, with a core group of passionate, dedicated staff. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools, and communities. Our primary areas of focus are green commuting, composting and waste reduction, sustainable living, and resource conservation. We are located on Portage Avenue in the heart of downtown, and are part of the Eco-Centre on the 3rd floor of the MEC building.
Responsibilities: The Office Coordinator takes on day-to-day administrative duties and office tasks as well as plays a key role supporting the Executive Director in the areas of office management, clerical support and scheduling and logistics. The Coordinator is the first point of contact and communication for general enquiries and with Green Action Centre members, and will also provide some support to program staff. The position works directly under the Executive Director. More specifically, the coordinator will:
• Greet visitors and provide support and information
• Assist the Executive Director with the preparation of presentations, reports, meeting minutes and basic correspondence using Power Point, Excel and Word.
• Assist the Executive Director with meeting and travel arrangements including scheduling meetings, booking flights & accommodations, food and beverages, and other items as needed.
• Provide support with organizing and managing logistics for annual office events such as the open house and Annual General Meeting.
• Schedule and organize staff meetings and board meetings.
• Communicate and liaison with external agencies and suppliers.
• Participate in general accounting duties including resolving billing questions, managing invoices and receipt of payments, and distributing cheques.
• General clerical activities such as mail distribution, Peggo cards, filing, and office clean up.
• Coordinate membership renewals and correspondence throughout the year, with an effort to expand membership services/benefits and grow membership numbers.
• Manage general email and/or phone enquiries and correspondence, including processing membership requests, volunteer requests, misc. sales requests, and general enquiries.
• Manage Bike Blender booking and maintenance
• Manage incoming requests for school presentations among the various programs.
• Manage requests for presentations and displays and help staff displays at community events.
• Provide event support including setting up displays or taking down displays, assisting with registrations, and greeting guests.
• Develop, schedule and distribute Green Action Centre’s Living Green e-newsletter using MailChimp, every 3-4 weeks.
• Assist with hiring and recruitment including distribution of posting, scheduling interviews, and coordinating the interview process and materials.
• Manage and organize files, record systems, office supplies/inventory, and storage area.
• Provide additional general support to the Executive Director by performing other related duties as needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications gained through a combination of formal education and related experience:
• A minimum of 3 years administrative and/or customer service experience
• Post secondary education in environment and/or administration is considered an asset
• Strong planning, coordination, organization and time management skills
• Highly organized with attention to detail; ability to manage multiple priorities in a hectic environment
• Experience organizing events and meetings an asset
• Experience working with budgets and project workplans
• Basic research skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Experience and comfort with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Some experience with WordPress or similar content management system desired
• Bilingual (English/French) candidate preferred
• Knowledge of local environmental and sustainability issues, and a demonstrated commitment to the practices of sustainable living
• Email, phone, web and social media etiquette
Abilities & Attributes
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player
• Friendly, professional, respectful and possessing cultural awareness / sensitivity
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
• Organized, responsible and self-disciplined
• Results-driven with strong initiative and proactive approach
• Efficient, creative and flexible
• Self-initiating and thrives in an independent working environment
Physical & Other Demands
• Comfortable working in an open office environment
• Able to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required
• Willing to travel on occasion, as required
Application Deadline: 11:30 pm Central, Sunday, January 26, 2020
Remuneration: $18.50/hour. Staff also receive a Winnipeg Transit Eco-Pass as part of Green Action Centre’s “Active Transportation Benefit” policy.
Term Position: The term is for a one-year period, expected to begin Monday, March 3, 2020. The term may be extended subject to funding.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted by email only until the deadline. If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Office Coordinator Position” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Visit our website at: https://greenactioncentre.ca for more information on our organization and programs.