Compost Winnipeg, Green Action Centre’s Social Enterprise, is now hiring a Compost Courier! Check out the following job description and application details. Applications for Courier due February 9th.
Position Description: Green Action Centre seeks an independent and energetic individual who is a proficient driver to assist the daily operations of our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg. This is a new position to accommodate our growing operation.
Background: Green Action Centre is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. Our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg, is a fee for service operation that offers compost collection services to offices, food vendors, institutions and households in Winnipeg.
Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Compost Winnipeg staff, the Compost Courier has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Pick-up, weighing and tracking of organic waste from Compost Winnipeg customers;
- General customer service;
- Cleaning and maintenance of compost collection bins as required;
- Transportation of organic waste to composting facilities;
- Promotion of Compost Winnipeg services to potential customers;
- Regular communication and logistics planning with the Compost Winnipeg staff; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
- Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work well with others and independently;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Competent driver with clean driving record;
- Ability to consistently and safely lift 25 kilograms;
- Available to work Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 3:30PM;
- Available for early morning, weekend shifts and stat holidays;
- Competent cyclist preferred;
- Knowledge of composting or willingness to learn.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Term: This is a one-year term with the possibility of continued work.
Remuneration: Begins at $15 per hour (up to 35 hours per week).
Additional Information: This position reports to the Compost Winnipeg Project Manager. A criminal record check and driver abstract (record) will be required.
Deadline: Resume and cover letter must be received no later than 11:59 PM CDT Sunday February 9, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Kelly Kuryk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.