Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 is Giving Tuesday
Have you heard the news?
In a time when Manitobans are waking up to the climate crisis and seeing the impacts around the world and in their local community, support for environmental groups like Green Action Centre is more important than ever. But we have just been told our provincial funding has been cut.
Last week, 7 months into our fiscal year, we were advised our provincial funding has been reduced by $100,000. This loss will have a direct impact on our ability to maintain our sustainable transportation programming and activities that Manitobans depend on.
For #GivingTuesday, we are making a special appeal to our supporters. Would you please consider becoming a monthly donor of Green Action Centre today? We know our work is important but we can’t do it without you.
Our goal is to get 2.5% of our supporters to commit to $18,000 in donations in December to support our sustainable transportation and waste reduction programming. We can do this by bringing on 100 new monthly donors who commit $15 per month through 2020. That’s less than 50 cents per day!
To learn more about the awesome work we do, explore our website and check out our annual impact report for 2018-2019.
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is an opportunity for all Canadians to give back to their community. It is a charitable movement aimed at bettering our community in a number of ways, and Canadians are asked to give back however they can. This may be through donations, but both Giving Tuesday organizers and Green Action Centre recognize this may not be an option for everyone. You can give to our environment through actions as well, such as talking to family and friends about the climate crisis, composting your food waste, and choosing to carpool, bike, bus or walk instead of driving alone.
Wondering about other ideas to make a contribution on Giving Tuesday?
- If you are in the service industry, consider donating half of your tips on Giving Tuesday.
- Challenge your co-workers to pool cash donations and reward them with baked goods.
- Instead of purchasing holiday gifts for loved ones, consider making a one-time cash donation to a charity in their name.
- Share your giving with all your networks by using #GivingTuesday on your social network of choice to help bolster this important movement – giving can be contagious!
- Have your office give up their daily coffee/tea regime and donate the money saved.