Frolic in the snow and celebrate winter Manitoba-style!
Sign up your team of 1-5 people to skate, bike, ski, snowshoe, run or walk a combined total of 130km the week of February 11th – 17th, 2018. Save the dates, find your team of five & get registered!
Can your team reach or exceed 130km during the challenge? Get registered and log your outdoor KMs to find out and win prizes! This year there are even more ways to win. Log your KMs, use Go Manitoba and share pics online using #JackFrostChallenge! Prizes include a $100 Thermea Gift Card, winter gear, passes to the children’s museum, Fort Whyte Alive, and more! All prize info can be found below.
Registration for the 2018 Jack Frost Challenge is OPEN
2018 Prizes: Record your Kilometres to win!
Prizes for logging KMs once you’ve registered at jackfrost.commuterchallenge.ca
If you aren’t motivated by the inherent joy that comes from being outdoors with friends, you can also participate for sweet prizes! Enter all of your KMs before the Feb 21st deadline. There are even more ways to win this year:
1. Most Kilometres logged – Group Prize
Swag Bag: Two merino wool toques, ice grips, reusable mugs, and hand warmers for the squad to divvy up. And a Fort Whyte group pass! Value: 100$+
2. Most Kilometres logged – Individual Prize
Swag Bag: Merino wool toque, ice grip for your shoes, reusable mug and hand warmers! Value: 50$+
3. Best Team Name
This winning name is determined by popular vote after the challenge is over! Swag bag of winter gear, ice grip for shoes, Fort Whyte Alive family pass and a reusable mug! Value: 60$+
Note: the last day to enter KMs from the challenge is Wednesday Feb 21st
NEW THIS YEAR: Prizes for using Go Manitoba!
Use this new app to ** WIN a $100 Thermëa Gift Card! **
- Use the new sustainable transportation app GoManitoba during the Jack Frost Challenge for an additional chance to win!
- By completing actions on the app you will get entered to win this prize. For every 5 actions you do with the app you’ll be automatically entered to WIN a $100 Thermëa Gift Card!
- Actions include: creating a user account, messaging other site users to travel together, creating trip profiles, identifying yourself as a bike/walk/bus mentor and logging active/bus commute trips on the commute calendar – all of these types of actions will earn you entry into the draw specifically for this awesome prize! Complete at least 5 actions. Note that you can do multiple actions of the same type ie) log multiple trips on the content calendar, create several trip profiles for your routes, etc.
#JackFrostChallenge Social Media Challenge & Prizes
Use #JackFrostChallenge online to tag your posts and get entered to win even more prizes leading up to and during the event! Remember to make your posts ‘public’ so we can see them and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in the loop and share your outdoor fun with us online.
Best Frosty Face Prize
- Fair Trade Bag: Hot chocolate, teas, coffee and a Fairtrade tote bag filled with other fun. We also threw in some hand warmers to keep you toasty warm. Value: 50$+
- How to win: We’ve partnered again with Frosty Face Winnipeg! We challenge you to post a picture of your frostiest face that you earned from being outside. Not sure what we mean? Look up @FrostyFaceWpg to see great examples for you to strive towards! Tag #JackFrostChallenge and #FrostyFaceWpg. Winner selected by the Frosty Face experts.
Family Fun Prize: Children’s Museum Family Pass & Prize Pack
Value: 75$+ (pass is good for up to 6 people)
- Any registered participant who shares a photo of their family enjoying a winter activity together by email or posts using #JackFrostChallenge on social media will be eligible to win this great prize.
Social Media Spirit Awards
- We have a stack of Fort Whyte Alive family passes to give away – each FWA pass is good for up to 4 people!
- Social media spirit prizes are awarded to individuals who supply both high quality photos and highest quantity of posts – so get sharing! Tag us leading up to and during the challenge by tagging @GreenActionCtr or using #JackFrostChallenge on IG, Facebook or Twitter — Fav posts chosen by Green Action Centre staff. Remember to make your posts public so we can see them!
- Kick Off Event: Sunday Feb 11th, 2018 >> 11am to 1pm
Hot Chocolate on us at the Forks where the rivers meet. We’ll be set up there with a fire from 11am-1pm to hangout with you pre/post skate. Log those KMs on day one!
- Skate-Date Night: Wed Feb 14th for Valentines Day
Take your special friend or platonic pal on a date night for Jack Frost! You can rent skate from the forks here. If you have questions or are looking for a skating buddy Email us!
- New this year!
Breakfast On Ice with Festival Du Voyageur
Friday Feb 16th, 2018: 7am to 10am
Where the rivers meet at the forks – full event details here.
> A special celebration for all the skaters, bikers, walkers, runners and skiers who use the trail as part of their morning commute and also for all the folks who just like to celebrate a Winnipeg winter. We will be giving away hot chocolate and trail tails plus selling a variety of different breakfast food options. There will also be entertainment, prize draws and give aways plus displays from a variety of community groups and events. The perfect way to kick start your day.
Jack Frost Challenge FUNdraiser
In addition to getting active and having fun outside, we are asking that participants help us raise funds for Green Action Centre by joining our FUNdraiser. Raising money is not required to participate but if you are interested please download a pledge form and collect funds from your family and friends! When you participate in our fundraiser you will be eligible for even more fundraiser-specific prizes:
Prize 1: The Top fundraising Team/Individual
This team will receive winter gear and gift card prize pack valued at over 50$ and recognized through our communications and events.
Prize 2: Fundraiser Draw
EACH team/individual that raises over 50$ is entered into our draw to win a second fundraising prize of the same value of prize 1.