As another year winds down, it is time to pause and reflect on how fortunate we are, what we’ve managed to achieve during the year, and what our hopes and wishes are for the future.
For me personally, I am grateful for the love and support of family and friends, and for the passion of those standing up for the environment.
At Green Action Centre, we work hard to help Manitoban’s live green and live well, but we need your support to create a sustainable province. We know the impacts of climate change are intensifying. The time to act is now.
This past year with support from Manitobans like you, we:
- Joined the fight against plastic pollution to give Manitobans more sustainable alternatives to single use plastic bags, straws, and cutlery.
- Reached over 8,500 students with presentations on recycling, climate change, active transportation, and resource conservation.
- Helped more Manitobans compost food waste at home, and saw our compost collection service grow to 350 clients who are now responsibly diverting their organic waste.
- Promoted Clean Air Day to hundreds of students and commuters, and discussed the importance of health, air quality, and green transportation alternatives like walking, cycling, transit, and carpooling.
- And much more as you can see from our 2017-18 Impact Report!
We have an important role to play in shaping the future and protecting the planet we all call home. But we can’t do it without you. Please make a year-end charitable donation today, or consider signing up as a monthly donor. Your donation will help us teach more students to become better environmental citizens; get more Manitobans carpooling, taking transit or cycling; and will get more people composting to increase the amount of food waste being diverted from the landfill.
Together, with your donation, we can make a difference.
On behalf of our board and all of our staff, thank you for everything you do to create a strong, sustainable future for all Manitobans.
Best wishes for a safe and joyful holiday season.