Did you know that plastic products are made from non-renewable fossil fuels? And that they can take up to 1000 years to break down? Once they breakdown, they still don’t go away. They simply turn into micro-plastics which then find their way into our water systems and soil.
This means that your single-use shopping bag, your single-use sandwich bag and your plastic toothbrush will outlive you.
Ready to cut down the single use plastics in your life?
10 ways to reduce plastic:
- Carry a reusable straw with you
- Carry a set of reusable cutlery with you
- Bring your own shopping bag with you to the grocery store
- Shop at bulk stores using your own refillable container
- Use a reusable produce bag rather than the plastic ones provided at grocery stores
- Switch from a plastic toothbrush to a bamboo toothbrush
- Bring your own reusable mug/water bottle with you
- DIY! Make your own household products or get your household product containers refilled
- Start using a shampoo bar rather than a bottle of shampoo (and soap bars rather than body wash)
- Switch to reusable sandwich bags and beeswax wrap from plastic bags and plastic wrap