End: October 21, 2018 12:00 am
Venue: Your Home or Your Friend's Home
Accessibility: For questions about accessibility and accommodations, please call us at 204-925-3777 or email us
We’re ready to celebrate Waste Reduction Week by educating Manitobans through documentaries. In addition to our RiverBlue Documentary Screening, we’re encouraging people to watch a Waste Reduction related documentary they haven’t watched before, and think critically about what the documentary is sharing. To encourage Manitobans to do this, we’re giving away prizes! To receive a prize, all you need to do is:
- Pick a documentary from our list of recommendations below (if there’s a waste reduction related documentary you want to watch, but it isn’t listed, let us know and we’ll see if we can add it). Watch it on your own, with your family, or gather a group of friends.
- Take a photo while watching the documentary and caption it with the documentary title and one thing you learnt from the documentary. Post your photo on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using #WasteReductionWeekMB and tag Green Action Centre.
- Don’t have social media? Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be eligible for a prize
- Everyone who watches a documentary from our list and posts about it will receive a complimentary waste free item (ex. Reusable straw, reusable sandwich bag, travel bamboo cutlery)
All participants will be entered to win the grand prize: a waste free package valued at over $50.
Note: Due to limited resources, this contest is open to residents of Manitoba only. Winnipeg residents are required to pick up their items from our office located at 303 Portage Avenue, and items will be mailed to participants outside of Winnipeg.
Waste Reduction Documentary Options:
- A Plastic Tide – YouTube: 45 min
- Minimalism – Netflix, Wpg Public Library, & Kanopy (Public Library Streaming Service): 1 hr 18 min
- Wasted! The Story of Food Waste – CBC: 1 hr 7 min
- Dive – Alice Chambers Library & Hoopla (Public Library Streaming Service): 53 min
- Bag It! – Alice Chambers Library, Wpg Public Library & Kanopy (Public Library Streaming Service): 1 hr 14 min
View All Upcoming Events