End: May 11, 2020 12:00 am
Accessibility: For questions about accessibility and accommodations, please call us at 204-925-3777 or email us
Celebrate International Compost Awareness Week with our online composting workshop series!
Join our in house composting experts to learn everything you need to know about composting so that you can compost with confidence! There’s no better time to learn about composting than during International Compost Awareness Week, a week in which awareness of composting and its benefits is promoted.
Backyard Composting Webinar, Facebook Live Tuesday, May 5th, 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CST Watch Live
Learn everything you need to know about starting a compost bin at home
- what is composting and why should we do it?
- compost bin selection and where to place your bins
- what can and cannot be composted
- how to maintain your bins (layering greens and browns, turning/aerating the pile/moisture content)
- composting in winter
- common problems and solutions
- when is the compost finished and ready to harvest?
- how to use your finished compost
School Composting Webinar, Zoom Wednesday, May 6th, 2020, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm CST
Calling all teachers! Learn how to set up a successful compost system at your school! Registration is required.
Facebook Live Composting Q&A Monday, May 11th, 2:00 pm CST
Ask us live! We will be answering those frequently asked questions about composting. Send in your questions ahead of time too and we will answer them during the live session. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
View All Upcoming Events