End: August 27, 2017 12:00 am
Venue: Various Winnipeg Locations
Bike!Bike! is an international, annual gathering organized by and for community bicycle projects. The conference is a space for participants from Community Bike shops and related advocacy groups to converge in a different city each year over a 4 day period to have workshops and strengthen our social network.
Workshops and Discussions
Workshop sessions at Bike!Bike! are attendee organized and led.
A new B!B! guide to organizing workshops can be found here.
Workshop time-slots for 2017 will be 50 minutes, 80- minutes, and 110 minutes in length.
Some workshops we would like to see are:
- Creating safer spaces – beyond policy
- Enacting Solidarity not Charity
- Hands-off teaching methods
- Mental health awareness
- Self-care & avoiding burnout
- Youth bike programs – retention rates & keeping it fun
- Indigenizing bike education programs
- Working with the school system
- Intersectional politics and power awareness in the bike shop
- Non-hierarchical organizing structures
- Against the non-profit industrial complex
- Privilege and volunteerism
- Looking back at Bike!Bike!: Are we just spinning our wheels?
For more information or to register, visit the event website here.
View All Upcoming Events