End: June 16, 2020 9:00 pm
Accessibility: For questions about accessibility and accommodations, please call us at 204-925-3777 or email us
Green Action Centre is partnering with the Glenelm Neighbourhood Association to offer a FREE webinar on the basics of backyard composting!
Are you new to composting? Maybe you’ve composted for a while but feel like you’re stabbing in the dark and want some reassurance. Or maybe you’ve heard about composting and just want to get some more information before you commit to it.
Join Kristen Malec, Green Action Centre’s Compost Program Coordinator, online on Zoom for info and tips on how to compost at home: it’s easy, and worth it!
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- what is composting?
- why composting is important
- compost bin selection and where to place your bins
- what you can and cannot put in your compost bin
- how to maintain your bins (layering greens and browns, turning/aerating the pile/moisture content)
- composting in winter
- common problems and solutions
- when is the compost finished and ready to harvest?
- how to use your finished compost
Can’t make it to this presentation, but interested for the future? Go here to fill out an email notification form so we can let you know of future presentations.
Did you know that adding organics to the landfill produces methane, a greenhouse gas 25x more powerful than carbon dioxide? By composting, you can produce rich garden fertilizer for free at home, and help save the planet to boot!
This English-language presentation is an hour and a half, and will feature time for your questions.
This webinar is made possible by a generous grant from TD Park People!
View All Upcoming Events