International Compost Awareness Week
May 3 – May 9, 2020
Composting is a great way to reduce waste and your environmental impact while at the same time giving yourself and your yard the benefit of a FREE fertilizer. Composting is easy and it’s worth it!
You can produce black garden gold while reducing green house gases, both from collection (trucks) and from landfills which produces methane, a greenhouse gas 21 times as powerful as CO2. Compost is a rich natural fertilizer that can be used to feed your lawn, garden, and plants, both indoors and outdoors.
Celebrate Compost Awareness Week by making your composting plans for this year:
Not sure where to start?
– Check out our upcoming compost workshops or sign up to receive a notification for our next series of presentations.
– Explore our website and learn the do’s and don’ts of composting while you learn more about what Green Action Centre is all about.
– No back yard? Live in an apartment? No problem! You can vermicompost with red wriggler worms! Or check out our ON SITE program for multi family composting where you live.
– Does your workplace produce a lot of organic waste? Let us help you start a composting program at work!
– Looking for a way to teach students about environmental stewardship? Implement a classroom or school-wide composting program with real “hands-on” learning! We can help!
– Already composting? Time to check your compost pile, give it a turn and see if it is too wet from the snow melt. Remember it should only be as wet as wrung-out sponge! Turning will also help to mix in some air and give your pile a jumpstart for the summer.