Save the date for Jack Frost Challenge for Schools!
February 2 – 8, 2020 is Jack Frost Challenge for Schools, with Winter Walk Day on Wednesday, February 5. Registration for Jack Frost Challenge for Schools is open! REGISTER HERE The challenge is simple: spend time outside playing, running, walking, snowshoeing or whatever feels fun for a chance to win some prizes. Read more here! Jack Frost Challenge is a flexible event. Do many things, or do one thing, whatever works for you and your school. Here are some ideas:
- Take a group walk Walk around the neighbourhood with your class or a Winter Walk Club!
- Have a snow building competition with snow forts or people Encourage students to get active and creative! Have students create snow people, snow creatures, or snow sculptures.
- Host Polar Bear Recess (the cold can’t keep us inside!) Despite the plummeting temperatures, students need time to run and play. Let them play outside even if it’s -40C. Read more here!
- Host a Winter Walk Day event Walk to school, or do a school-wide walk for Winter Walk Day on Feb 5. Celebrate students who walk, bike, or roll with hot chocolate or a participation certificate.
- Participate in the Winter BikeWalkRoll School Travel Survey Find out how your students are getting to school! During classroom attendance, take 30 seconds to ask how your students are getting to school and submit it through bikewalkroll.org. Read more about school travel surveys.
- Sign up for Jack Frost Challenge as a team Join the friendly competition across Manitoba and sign up your school or class as a team, and compete with other classes and kids to get the most kilometres. The goal is to complete 130km of outdoor activity anytime during the entire week, but the sky is the limit! Register your team here!
Register your school or class Jack Frost Challenge for Schools here. And check out more about Jack frost Challenge for Schools! Want to coordinate the Jack Frost Challenge for your school? Check out our School Coordinator Guide!
Thanks to our presenting sponsor CAA for helping make this fun and healthy event happen!