Many First Nations would like to reduce waste in their community, but finding a starting point is a challenge. To help address this, Green Action Centre, with funding from Indigenous Services Canada, pulled key information together into a single, step-by-step guide to assist Manitoba First Nations and northern communities in tackling waste management and recycling. Note that the Toolkit is being revamped and a new version will be available in Spring 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a copy when it’s ready.
Download the full pdf [low resolution] or by section [high resolution pdfs for printing]:
D. Six Steps to Start Recycling
- Step 1: Build a Team
- Step 2: Choose What to Recycle
- Step 3: Decide How to Collect the Recyclables
- Step 4: Store and Transport the Recyclables
- Step 5: Plan to Reduce Waste
- Step 6: Get Community Support
- Recommended Training for Landfill Operators
- Landfill Operator Supplies – Cost Estimates
- Sample Job Posting – Landfill Operator
- Sample Job Posting – Waste Driver-Collector
- Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources (CIER)
For more information on the Toolkit, please contact Beth McKechnie: email@example.com or call 204-925-3777 ext. 102.