Bougeons en hiver… Jack Frost Challenge! brought out hundreds of Manitobans from across the province to get out and get active this winter. Green Action Centre would like to acknowledge the participants from the Oak Table Community Ministry took up the challenge with gusto this year. Participants at the Ministry formed 13 teams including 67 people. Together they walked, rolled, strolled and cycled a total of nearly 3000 kilometres over 6 days.
Combating stereotypes that people who use their services are lazy, the Oak Table teams showed that they are an example all Manitobans can learn from. Here are some pictures they sent us!
Team names included:
- “50 Below” (and thankfully this week didn’t see these temperatures)
- “30 Above” (wait for it!)
- “Do YOUR Shoes Fit?” (imagine WALKING with shoes that don’t fit)
- “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” (or many miles)
- “Turn the TV Back ON!” (oh, what a thought!)
- “Pedestrian (UN)Friendly” (referring to the number of folks who are hit by vehicles at corners and crossings)
- “Dry Socks Rock” (for SO many reasons)