Peg City Climate Jam: Resilience on the Red
When: Saturday, February 9, 2019 | 8:30am – 5:00pm
Where: University of Winnipeg – Richardson College for the Environment, 599 Portage Ave. Accessible venue.
Free event. Register in advance here.
Join us for a day-long forum exploring the urgency of climate change and the transformative solutions emerging in our communities.
Our goal with this event is to help people connect, collaborate, plan and take action on our local, green transition.
We are hosting talks and workshops facilitated by a team of educators, activists and climate-change leaders. These are intended for everyone concerned about our future, our planet and our social well-being.
The program explores:
- Building resilience for food, shelter and transportation without fossil fuels
- Indigenous justice and decolonizing our responses to climate change
- Strategies for reducing human impact on climate and the environment
- A just transition to a zero-emissions economy
- Nature’s role in combating the climate crisis
Free event. Register in advance at here.
This is the first in a series of events hosted by Manitoba’s Climate Action Team, a coalition of organizations working to create a non-partisan, actionable path to achieve climate resilience and a zero-emissions economy in Manitoba.
If you have questions, please email:
204-925-3777 ext 109
After-party in support of the Spirit of the Buffalo Camp against Line 3:
6-9pm @ the Times Changed High and Lonesome (234 Main St). ft. live hip-hop, food, drinks.