National Leaders Debate: Agricultural Policy, Ottawa, Chateau Laurier, Drawing Room, Monday, April 11, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m
Agricultural issues such as trade, business risk management, environmental sustainability, food safety, and a National Food Strategy will be key topics of discussion for the Minister of Agriculture and opposition party critics during the Canadian Federation of Agriculture’s national debate, scheduled for Mon. April 11, 2011.
• Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Gerry Ritz
• André Bellavance, Bloq Québécois agriculture critic
• Wayne Easter, Liberal agriculture critic
• Pat Martin, NDP representative
• Kate Storey, Green Party agriculture representative
NOTE: Debate questions will be posed via pre-taped video segments of farmers from across Canada. There will be no questions from the floor.
The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) will be broadcasting the debate on its website, www.cpac.ca. The event will also be webcasted live on the CFA website, www.cfa-fca.ca