Green Action Centre seeks Compost Courier (Driver) for Social Enterprise Operations Position Description: Green Action Centre seeks an independent and energetic individual who is a proficient driver to assist the weekly operations of our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg. Background: Green Action Centre is non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. We recently launched the social enterprise Compost Winnipeg, a fee for service operation that offers compost collection services to offices, food vendors and households in Winnipeg. Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Green Action Centre staff, the Compost Courier has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Pick-up, weighing and tracking of organic waste from Compost Winnipeg customers;
- General customer service;
- Cleaning and maintenance of compost collection bins as required;
- Transportation of organic waste to composting facilities;
- Promotion of Compost Winnipeg services to potential customers;
- Regular communication and logistics planning with the Compost Winnipeg project manager; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
- Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work well with others and independently;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Competent driver with clean driving record;
- Ability to consistently and safely lift 25 kilograms;
- Available to work Friday – Monday 5:30AM – 12:30PM;
- Knowledge of composting or willingness to learn.
Date: Start date to be determined. Training will occur on site. Term: This is a permanent position with the possibility of increased hours. Remuneration: Begins at $15 per hour (21+ hours per week). Additional Information: This position reports to the Compost Winnipeg Project Manager. A criminal record check and driver abstract (record) will be required. Deadline: Resume and cover letter must be received by 4:00 PM CDT, Tuesday March 13, 2018. To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Kelly Kuryk via email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.