ON SITE is a form of community composting designed for people who live in condos, apartment buildings, and multi-unit dwellings. We partner with the good folks at Urban Eatin’ Landscapes to set you up with a composting system at the location of your residence, providing you with the training and resources you need to maintain your bins.
As a pilot project, the up-front costs of ON SITE are covered by our incredible funders listed below. All you need to participate in this project are an agreeable building owner(s), volunteers to maintain the bins, and residents who are enthusiastic about the option to compost on site.
Resources We Provide
- compost bins from Urban Eatin’ Landscapes
- a compost aerator to maintain airflow in your bin
- a backyard composting workshop for you and your neighbours
- fridge magnets to remind you what can go in your bin
- print materials with tips for maintaining a healthy compost bin
- ongoing support through our ON SITE staff and Compost Info Line
What We’re Looking For
- Buildings located in Winnipeg that have a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 20 units
- A minimum of two volunteers to coordinate on behalf of your building
- A majority of residents who have expressed interest in composting
- A manager/owner who is supportive of this project
If your building meets these requirements, we want to hear from you! Complete the Expression of Interest form online, or call 204.925.3778 to start the application process.
Survey for Participating Buildings
Approximately six months after your building begins participating in this program, we will collect feedback to help us track the amount of waste diverted and to evaluate our program. Participants should wait until their feedback is requested before submitting the electronic survey below.
ON SITE is made possible thanks to…