Workplaces around Winnipeg and across Manitoba typically try to find carpool matches for their employees in one of two ways: by paying for a subscription to an online ridematching program or by coordinating their own matching database for employees. The result is poor uptake and few matches, and minimal success in moving individuals from their current commuting choice of driving alone to a more sustainable mode choice such as carpooling, transit, cycling or walking.
What if all of these employers used the same ridematching system? With GoManitoba we have one, unified ridematching system for all Manitobans to access, along with customized and individually managed sub-sites for workplaces to offer to their employees. By coordinating a central system where users can seek out matches either through their workplace or the entire region, the opportunities for success in finding a match are substantially increased.
RideShark Sub-site Highlights:
- Custom Branding and URL: Your workplace’s branding, text and images.
- Multi-modal Solution: Supports all sustainable travel options like carpooling, vanpooling, cycling, walking, transit and telework.
- Advanced Matching Technology: RideShark’s matching algorithms are the most advanced in the world. They match users based on proximity to origin, destination, actual travel route, and personal preferences.
- Incentives & Gamification: Reward your users for logging their trips. You set the rules and incentives!
- 24/7 Administrative Portal: Access your information at any time securely. Filter, map, export your data at any time.
- Trip Logging Calendar: RideShark’s trip logging calendar allows users to log their sustainable trips – a diary for commute activity!
- Data Privacy and Security: Database security is RideShark’s priority. Using the latest technologies available, they make sure that your data is protected and stored in Canada.
- Unlimited Administrators: RideShark offers multiple administration levels so you can assign roles and responsibilities for strategic areas of your program.
Find out more about this program by reading our GoManitoba Info Sheet.
WHERE WE ARE AT
We are thrilled to be moving forward with this program! We officially announced GoManitoba in June 2017 and are now working with our founding partners to create the first employer subsites. The main GoManitoba site is live and functional! We are recruiting early-adopters to begin populating and using the system, and we continue to customize our content.
In the fall of 2017, we will begin our province-wide promotion of GoManitoba! Do you want to bring GoManitoba to your workplace with a dedicated subsite? Contact us at GoHappy@greenactioncentre.ca or call 204.925.3777 as soon as possible to join us, and see your organization recognized as a Founding Partner of GoManitoba.
Can you still create a subsite for your business after the June announcement? Yes! In order to launch the technology, we needed a base of support large enough to cover the up-front costs that Green Action Centre would incur by building the site and the sub-sites. We will recognize these early adopters as our Founding Partners. But in order to get the most success out of GoManitoba, we need to get as many Manitobans using the site as possible.
We are currently applying for grants and funding opportunities to hit the road and recruit employee subsites across the province. We see GoManitoba as an excellent opportunity to bring alternative transportation options to communities outside of Winnipeg where public and active transportation options are limited, and RideSharing offers the opportunity for substantial impact.
The Importance of Ridesharing:
- Carpooling programs in Manitoba have been mostly unsuccessful in finding matches for participants.
- Interest in carpooling established in various employee commuting surveys conducted by Workplace Commuter Options.
- New technologies are available to enhance our current carpooling systems.
- Ridematches now go beyond carpooling to include cycling, walking and transit matches.
- We want to encourage a shift in mode choices, to more sustainable options.
Benefits of Carpooling:
- Get to know your co-workers/ neighbours
- Reduce wear and tear on your vehicle
- Save money
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
** See this blog post for the difference between carsharing, ridesharing, ridematching, and ridehailing! **