ON SITE is a form of community composting designed for people who live in condos, apartment buildings, and multi-unit dwellings. We partner with the good folks at Urban Eatin’ Landscapes to set you up with a composting system at the location of your residence, providing you with the training and resources you need to maintain your bins.
As a pilot project, the up-front costs of ON SITE are covered by our incredible funders listed below. All you need to participate in this project are an agreeable building owner(s), volunteers to maintain the bins, and residents who are enthusiastic about the option to compost on site.
Resources We Provide
- compost bins from Urban Eatin’ Landscapes
- a compost aerator to maintain airflow in your bin
- a backyard composting workshop for you and your neighbours
- fridge magnets to remind you what can go in your bin
- print materials with tips for maintaining a healthy compost bin
- ongoing support through our ON SITE staff and Compost Info Line
- a limited number of kitchen catcher buckets for individual units
What We’re Looking For
- Buildings located in Winnipeg that have a minimum of 4 units
- A minimum of two volunteers to coordinate on behalf of your building
- Sufficient residents who have expressed interest in composting
- A manager/owner who is supportive of this project
- Space to place bins outdoors on your property (approximately 3’x3’x9′)
If your building meets these requirements, we want to hear from you! Complete the Expression of Interest form online, or call 204-925-3777 ext 106 to start the application process.
ON SITE in the News
Looking for a How-To Guide?
In the pilot year of this project, we created a how-to guide for multi-family composting. Whether you’re participating in ON SITE or want to participate, or just interested in striking out on your own (perhaps you live outside of Winnipeg and want to bring this to your city!), visit this page to download our free resource!
Want to Know More About Sustainable Condo Living?
Check out our Zero Waste Condos blog series!
ON SITE is made possible thanks to…
For inquiries about the ON SITE Multi-Family Composting project or questions about the state of your compost bin, call 204-925-3777 ext 106.