- Composting Basics and Getting Started
- Composting FAQs
- Composting Paper
- Dealing with Pests in your Compost
- Harvesting/Using Vermicompost
- Harvesting/Using Your Compost
- How to Compost all Winter
- How to Vermicompost
- School Composting
- School Composting Tips
- Vermicompost FAQs
- When to Harvest your compost – Spring or Fall
- Winter composting – To layer or not to layer?
- Why compost at School?
School Services. Composting, biking, walking, professional development. We can help you reach your ESD goals.
Master List of Resources. Ideas for action, hot topics, and ideas on how to live greener. Appropriate for many ages.
Environmental ABC’s. Environment-themed words for every letter of the alphabet.
Planning and Implement Active Travel Programming
- Let Grow Project—This program is free, fast, and simple, and American school administrators are raving about it. It helps children develop independence and resilience
throughasking their parents for permission to try new things on their own.
- Active and Safe Routes to School in Manitoba: Program Handbook and Resource Guide—Ideas and support to get you started with active school travel and to maintain your progress. Stay tuned for an update!
- BikeWalkRoll—30-second homeroom surveys help you to track your school’s progress and us to understand how students travel to school across Manitoba. A must for school travel programs!
- CounterPoint—Designed to count bicycles, pedestrians and other forms of traffic that often get missed when planning transportation. We are changing that. Get your class involved in counting all the different transportation modes around the school
- Active Travel in the Manitoba Curriculum—Biking, walking, and rolling integrate into what you are already teaching! Find your subject and get inspired.
Special Event Inspiration
Activities and Colouring Sheets
- Interactive Event Posters and Stickers—Use stickers to track how students are getting to school each day
- Bike to School Month and Clean Air Day
- Walktober / le Mois Marchons vers l’école
- Walk, Bike, and Roll Across Canada—Count your class’s steps or
kilometresand set a goal to travel a certain distance across the country NeighbourhoodWalkability Audit. Take a tour of your community with your class to see how walkable the neighbourhoodis.
- Colouring – Design your own bike!
- Colouring – Design your own shoe!
- Colouring – Design your own helmet!
- Colouring – Riding a bike is fun!
- Colouring – It’s Cool to Walk to School
- Colouring – Idle Free Zone