GoManitoba’s goal is to bring sustainable, healthy commuting options to all Manitobans. Its purpose is to ease travel by helping to facilitate carpools, promote public transit use where available, and match bike and walk mentors. It is a quick, secure, and personal way to find your commuting options, simply using your home and work (or other destination) addresses.
It is a province-wide platform that connects individuals from multiple workplaces, organizations and communities. Choose to commute with others from your workplace or campus, or those who are simply travelling on the same route as you.
We also offer workplaces, organizations and municipalities the opportunity to create custom sub-sites, allowing you to have a dedicated portal for your employees, students or residents, and the ability to access commuting data and offer rewards for using the system to reduce or eliminate the number of people driving alone.
** SEE OUR USER GUIDE HERE **
Register with this new platform to connect with like-minded people, share your commute, save time, money and reduce congestion. Visit GoManitoba.ca or download the app to create a profile, track your commute, and look for future ride matches. Be eligible to win great prizes as one of the first 5,000 to register!
Previously, workplaces around Winnipeg and across Manitoba would try to find carpool matches for their employees in one of two ways: by paying for a subscription to an online ridematching program or by coordinating their own matching database for employees. The result to date has been poor uptake and few matches, and minimal success in moving individuals from their current commuting choice of driving alone to a more sustainable mode choice such as carpooling, transit, cycling or walking.
What if all of these employers used the same ridematching system? Our goal is to have one, unified ridematching system for all Manitobans to access, along with customized and individually managed sub-sites for workplaces to offer to their employees. By coordinating a central system where users can seek out matches either through their workplace or the entire region, the opportunities for success in finding a match are substantially increased.
GoManitoba Sub-site Highlights:
- Custom Branding and URL: Your workplace’s branding, text and images.
- Multi-modal Solution: Supports all sustainable travel options like carpooling, vanpooling, cycling, walking, transit and telework.
- Advanced Matching Technology: RideShark’s matching algorithms are the most advanced in the world. They match users based on proximity to origin, destination, actual travel route, and personal preferences.
- Incentives & Gamification: Reward your users for logging their trips. You set the rules and incentives!
- 24/7 Administrative Portal: Access your information at any time securely. Filter, map, export your data at any time.
- Trip Logging Calendar: RideShark’s trip logging calendar allows users to log their sustainable trips – a diary for commute activity!
- Data Privacy and Security: Database security is RideShark’s priority. Using the latest technologies available, they make sure that your data is protected and stored in Canada.
- Unlimited Administrators: RideShark offers multiple administration levels so you can assign roles and responsibilities for strategic areas of your program.
WHERE WE ARE AT
We are thrilled to be moving forward with this program! We are currently working with 10 founding partners that have stepped forward to support bringing the ridematching technology to Manitoba. We have branded the program as GoManitoba, with the official public launch taking place in September.
We will be hitting the road this fall to recruit employer and/or municipal sub-sites across the province. GoManitoba can fill an important gap and will help expand transportation options in all communities, especially where public and active transportation options are more limited.
Do you want to bring GoManitoba to your workplace with a dedicated, custom sub-site? Contact us at GoHappy@greenactioncentre.ca or call 204.925.3777 (ext. 107) to get started.
And be sure to sign up! Encourage your co-workers, colleagues, family and friends to register with GoManitoba.ca. To get the most success out of GoManitoba, we need as many Manitobans using the site as possible.
** See this blog post for the difference between carsharing, ridesharing, ridematching, and ridehailing! **