Job Title: Project Coordinator for our Living Green, Living Well project
Term: This is a one year term, at 28 hours per week, with a flexible work schedule and the possibility of renewal.
Position Description: We are seeking an independent, energetic and organized individual to fill the position of project coordinator for our Living Green, Living Well project. The coordinator delivers messaging and community presentations on sustainable living for Manitobans. This includes engaging stakeholders from a variety of sectors and working closely with other staff members to provide communications support for other project areas.
Background: Green Action Centre is an environmental, non-profit organization based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We are a registered charity, governed by an elected board of directors, with a core group of passionate, dedicated staff. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools, and communities. Our primary areas of focus are green commuting, composting and waste reduction, sustainable living, and resource conservation. We are located on Portage Avenue in the heart of downtown, and are part of the Eco-Centre on the 3rd floor of the MEC building.
We need someone who is keen, capable and considerate to assist us in our efforts to increase our profile and broaden our community impact. This includes “green living” messaging through social media, blogposts and mainstream media; coordinating an annual Waste Reduction Week campaign and activities; organizing seasonally-themed green living campaigns; attending presentations and public displays; and increasing our overall engagement with the public. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: The Living Green, Living Well Coordinator develops, implements, monitors, and reports on program activities. More specifically, the coordinator will:
- Research, prepare and post material on sustainable living topics and environmental policy for the Living Green, Living Well area of the web site (www.greenactioncentre.ca/blog) and social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Plan and implement an awareness and education campaign for Waste Reduction Week in Manitoba, including promotion to businesses, schools and municipalities.
- Schedule and deliver presentations on sustainable living topics to workplaces, community groups, schools and others.
- Carry out year two of a 3-year waste reduction and education project with Manitoba schools.
- Schedule and help staff indoor and outdoor information displays at community events.
- Plan and design a marketing, communications and outreach calendar, which includes opportunities for conferences, presentations, displays, and editorial content contribution.
- Respond to public and media inquiries, and generate media interest on sustainable living topics.
- Write clear, coherent, informative, and upbeat copy.
- Prepare project proposals and reports for submission to the Executive Director, and maintain project lists, records and contacts.
- Manage project budget, including tracking of project expenses.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications gained through a combination of formal education and related experience
- A combination of education and/or experience in marketing and communications
- Experience with engaging media, interviews, public speaking and/or presentations
- Experience preparing and managing budgets and project workplans
- Basic research skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient with desktop publishing and photo editing software
- Experience and comfort with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Some experience with WordPress or similar content management system desired
- Bilingual (English/French) candidate preferred
- Knowledge of local environmental and sustainability issues, and a demonstrated commitment to the practices of sustainable living
- Experience in or knowledge of Community Based Social Marketing
- Email, phone, web and social media etiquette
Abilities & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Friendly, respectful and possessing cultural awareness / sensitivity
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Organized, responsible and self-disciplined
- Results-focused with strong follow through
- Efficient, creative and flexible
- Self-initiating and thrives in an independent working environment
Physical & Other Demands
- Comfortable working in an open office environment
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required
- Willing to travel on occasion, as required
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm Central, Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Remuneration: $19.75/hour. Staff also receive a free monthly bus pass or financial equivalent to use towards walking or cycling to work as part of Green Action Centre’s “Active Transportation Benefit” policy.
Term Position: The term is for a one-year period, expected to begin March 7, 2016. The term may be extended subject to mutual agreement between the parties.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted by email only until the deadline.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Living Green Living Well Coordinator Position” in the subject heading. Submission of a writing sample is also encouraged.
Explore our website for more information on our organization and programs.
No phone calls, please.