In addition to the health, financial and environmental benefit of participating in the Commuter Challenge, you are also eligible for sweet prizes just by logging your KMs at commuterchallenge.ca!
If your organization is interested in donating a prize to this ever growing list of awesome incentives please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Prizes are featured here on our website and shared with our 8,000+ participants through newsletters and on social media. .
To learn more about our events, registering, or bringing the challenge to your workplace click here.
2017 Prizes (as of May 18) — more coming soon!
Grand Prizes (names drawn after the challenge ends – June 14th @ 2pm)
- 500$ VIA Rail Train Voucher (Woohoo! Where will you go?)
- TWO Full Weekend Passes to the Winnipeg Folk Festival July 6-9, 2017 (500$ Value)
- Free Doughnuts for a Year from Oh Doughnuts! (1 doz/mo for 1year, 360$ value)
- BIKE – beautiful bike made with love by Green Action Centre & the W.R.E.N.C.H – Large frame ideal for someone 5’8” – 6’4”(value 250$)
- Night Out on the Town: One night stay at The Fairmont Hotel (Friday or Saturday) and Gift Certificates to the Forks Market (Total Value 200$)
Theme Prizes (Winners selected DAILY throughout the challenge June 4-10, 2017)
- Cycling Superstar
If you ride your bike during Commuter Challenge you will be eligible for our cycling superstar prizes. Be sure to log your cycling KMs throughout the week to win!
* Prize #1: Natural Cycle Prize: Helmet, T-Shirt, Lock, Water Bottle
* Prize #2: Bike light, helmet and MEC Gift Card
* Prize #3: Brandon Bikes – If you are participating from Brandon we have a prize just for you! A 25$ Gift Certificate to the local Bike Shop of choice and a Bike Lock and Wash from Stream & Wood
- Social Media Moguls
Post your #commuterchallengemb photos on social media throughout the week to be spread the love and be entered to win even more prizes! Every time you post using the hashtag, an entry with your name will be added to our random prize draw. Remember, Commuter Challenge isn’t just for the workday – post a pics of your eco-friendly commutes outside of your workday as well!
Be sure to make your post public so we can see your posts! Tag @Greenactionctr for added exposure.
Prize #1: Art & Environment (85$ value) — 2 Passes to the Winnipeg Art Gallery & entry to Picasso Exhibit, Swell Water Bottle & Gift Certificate from Generation Green
Prize #2 & #3: 25$ Gift Certificates to the Forks Market – redeemable at any store, restaurant or bar on-site.
- 10-class pass: Serene Yoga Studio (150$ Value)
- 5-class pass: Yoga North Studio (100$ Value)
- Spa Package from The Getaway Spa (120$ Value)
- Tickets to Prairie Theatre Exchange’s production: “Gracie” October 11-29, 2017 (104$ value)
- 50 Individual Moksha Yoga Class Passes! (15$ value per pass – that’s over 1000$ worth of yoga passes!!)
- Free one-month family membership to the YMCA (98$ Value)
- Enigma Escapes Gift Certificate (25$)
- FOUR 25$ Gift Certificates to McNally Robinson Bookstore
- Folkarama Passes
- Heartland Archery Passes
- Children’s Museum Pack (family passes, toys, CDs, gift certificate)
- Blue Bombers Fan Pack (T-shirt, water bottle, fitted baseball cap)
- TEN 25$ Gift Certificates for Betula Lake Resort Cabin Rentals
Even more ways to win:
- Recruit a new workplace!
- For every new workplace you recruit, both you and the new coordinator will be entered to win a 50$ prize pack night out! Check out our Coordinators Corner for more details, recruitment form & a letter template to help you get the word out to new workplaces. Additionally, the first FIVE new workplaces who were referred to the challenge through the referral process will be offered a complimentary workshop with Green Action Centre (a 150$ value!).